Sometimes teachers need some quick help in incorporating
technology, but it isn't always easy to find some
helpful information. This page will be expanded to include
sources that have been used sucessfully as well as sites that look promising.
- A-Z Teacher Stuff: http://atozteacherstuff.com/ Find lesson plans, thematic units, teacher tips, downloadable teaching materials and more.
- About.com Elementary Education: http://k6educators.about.com/ Contains a wide variety of materials for K-6.
- About.com Secondary Education: http://712educators.about.com/od/teacherresources/u/teaching-101.htm Contains a wide variety of materials for high school.
- Curriki: http://www.curriki.org/ Free learning resources plus discussion boards
- Discovery Education http://www.discoveryeducation.com//teachers/ broad range of free classroom resources
- Ed Helper: http://www.edhelper.com/ Lesson plans, charts, puzzles, bulletin board ideas and more
- Education Index: http://www.educationindex.com/education_resources.html Directory of sites organized by topics.
- Education World: http://www.educationworld.com/ Extensive site which includes sections for lesson plans, professional development and more.
- Edu Hound: http://www.eduhound.com/ Collections of topic-based online education resources
- Federal Registry for Educational Excellence (FREE) http://free.ed.gov/
Links to digital teaching and learning resources created and maintained
by the federal government and public and private organizations.
- Franklin Institute Curriculum Connections https://www.fi.edu/curriculum-connections
- Funbrain.com http://www.funbrain.com/teachers/index.html educational games with guide grouped by title, subject, and grade level.
- Internet Public Library - ipl2: http://www.ipl.org/ a learning/teaching environment
- Kathy Schrock's Guide to Everything: http://www.schrockguide.net/ The title says it all.
- Kids Click: http://www.kidsclick.org/ web search site designed for kids by librarians - with kid-friendly results!
- Middle School Net: http://www.middleschool.net/ Quality, free curriculum and professional resources for middle school (junior high)
- Share My Lesson: http://www.sharemylesson.com/teaching-resources free K-12 learning materials, including activities, worksheets and lesson plans.
- Teachnet Lesson Ideas: http://www.teachnet.com/lesson/index.html This site contains lesson ideas divided by subject content.
- The Virtual Schoolhouse: http://www.ibiblio.org/cisco/schoolhouse/
- Cool Math for Kids http://www.coolmath4kids.com/
- Cool Math Games http://www.coolmath-games.com/
- Crossword Labs https://crosswordlabs.com/ Build, print, share and solve crosswords online.
- Discovery Education Online Puzze Maker http://www.discoveryeducation.com/free-puzzlemaker/ Create and print customized word search, criss-cross, math puzzles, and more-using your own word lists.
- Filamentality http://www.kn.att.com/wired/fil/
I've used this easy site to create online learning
activities and even hotlists of sites for my own use. You
could let the students work in groups, if you want, and
create their own hotlist of sites, scrapebook or
webquest. The fill-in-the-blank tool guides you
through picking a topic, searching the Internet, gathering
good Internet links, and turning them into online learning
activities even if you don't know anything about HTML or
serving web pages."