There are a gazillion sites on the web that offer
information connected to web building, however, it's not
always easy to find ones which are current and which offer
good information or help. The sites listed below are sites
we've discussed in The Studio, a group I managed at the now
defunct Eons.com social network. If you know of other good
sites, feel free to email me.
- How to layout and design a website (without any design skills!) - https://coder-coder.com/layout-design-website/
- This tutorial provides information on the basic elements of Web
page design and layout. It is not meant to be a
comprehensive course on Web site construction. Rather,
it is meant to provide an overview of the most important
issues that anybody building a Web page will confront.
- Designing a Website:
Webmasters Tutorial - http://www.rocketface.com/designing_a_website.html
- A great site for getting information about creating a
website "from target audience to layout to execution."
Whether you plan to hand code or use a template, there
is some great information about designing your web site
here. The index also gives an explanation about each
section of the tutorial - http://www.rocketface.com/webmasters_tutorial_index.html
- HTML for Beginners - https://www.whoishostingthis.com/resources/html-for-beginners/ Links to lessons about basic HTML. This site was recommended by a group of students in tech camp. Thanks for the link!
- Tutorial using an HTML
- Creating a Web Site
- Using Kompozer and a Free CSS template -
Template Exercise - Using different images
without making changes to the code in the external css
- Connection Template Exercise
- Making a few changes in the css file to change color
and change the image used for the background logo.
- Tutorials coding HTML by
- For Compete
Beginners: Page Tutor - http://www.pagetutor.com/html_tutor/index.html
Other tutorial in left column
- Create a Free Web
Site tutorial - http://www.createafreewebsite.net/htmltoc.htm
- Contains lots of information from creating to
uploading. The simple lessons also teach the art of
formatting pages and text using CSS2 compliant Style
Sheets. You can also download the tutorial to use
offline. One thing
to note: Most folks recommend using all lower
case in HTML tags.
- A List Apart: For
People Who Make Websites - https://alistapart.com/
A tremendous resource full of good information.
- Zen Garden: The
Beauty of CSS Design- http://www.csszengarden.com/
A gallery of pages using the exact same HTML and text
with changes ONLY in the external CSS file and the
images used as backgrounds. It's fascinating to see what
can be done. Use the column on the right to select
different designs or view a
list of all of the designs.